Pages

Sunday 19 October 2014

Sunday Post


Warfare in the London Underground, an indecisive djembe instructor and a whole lotta cassette manipulation found its way into tomorrow's new 'Wou-Wou...' release, '24-Bit Multimedia Monster'.






































But it's not the first time my dictaphone snippets have been sprinkled into the mix. In fact the thought of taking a recording of say, bird song from 2011, a drum pattern tapped on a table in 2007, and then mashing it all together with something I'm working on now, is so exciting to me. It feels like magic. 

But it's only over the last few months that I've learnt to take these snippets and play with them properly. Morphing them into instruments and stretching them to make oddball rhythms. And it's with '24-Bit Multimedia Monster' that I share my first example of this sort of creativity with found sounds, however crude.

Have you ever found a sound? Or know where to find a juicy one? If you're not feeling precious over it throw it my way (wouwouandthewormling@gmail.com), I'm always on the look out for 'em. 

Happy thoughts,


- The Wormling

No comments:

Post a Comment