Pages

Sunday 10 May 2015

Sunday Post


New York funk rockers, Three Hippos Deep, let me take their tracks to the chopping block, and tomorrow I unveil my efforts in the '3HD [EP]'...






































My goals for these remixes (much like the remix that I did for 'Storm the Palace') was to make something that stood apart from the original, but not so much that the two are totally disconnected from each other. I want you to be able to listen to both the original and the remix side-by-side without feeling like you'd just listened to the same thing twice, but deep down you know that they're related somehow. 

But mostly, I wanted to make something playful and fun. 3HD's music appeals to me for much the same reasons. That and it funks like hell! But the fun factor was high on my list. 

Anyway, I could try and describe something that you can't hear for hours, but instead why don't you come back tomorrow and hear it for yourself. But while you're waiting, why not wrap your ears around the funky originals to get a taste of what's to come. Bon appétit!




Happy thoughts, 


- The Wormling

No comments:

Post a Comment