Pages

Sunday 24 January 2016

Sunday Post


Last month I hinted that my remix of New Biboujin's track 'Son of Alexei' was ripe for release. Then, as with most things I hint at, it never happened. But after wrestling with it some more, it's now ready... or as ready as it'll ever be. 

Truth is, I struggled with this one a bit. Not because I was low on ideas, but because I was adrift on so many. The vocal stems in particular led me down so many avenues that at one point the running-time for this track was well over ten minutes. And it's not that I've a problem with long songs, but it sounded disjointed, messy, without direction. I re-started again and again. And even though I have managed to nip and tuck, here and there, it still sounds a like a collection of ideas and not a linear piece of music to me. 

But maybe that's what gives it charm, because regardless of its flaws, I can't help but like it. If it'd been anything else, I probably would've quite trying to make it work and moved on to something else... but it just kept calling me back.

All the same, 'Son of Alexei (Wou-Wou Remix)' will be streamable via SoundCloud tomorrow.



While I'm floating on the subject of "hints", this week I hinted that the first 'Wou-Wou' zine would be available at the end of the month. And, much like, 'Son of Alexei', I've been hinting and toying around with zines since last summer. And yet again, it's been the wealth of ideas in-which to fill them that has set me back. I've now a number of concepts and stories outlined in my notebook, but where to begin? 

Well, to answer that, I'm afraid you'll have to wait until Friday, as I'm still deciding myself! But whatever it is, there will be a free PDF of it! So if you wish, you can download that and print it off yourself.

Lastly, there will be a postcard giveaway on Wednesday as promised! Details to which will surface midweek.

Happy thoughts, 


- The Wormling

No comments:

Post a Comment